Monday, June 22, 2009

Bauhaus: Cleveland Branch


We spotted these two homes being built sometime last year (2008).

Me, being a big fan of just about anything remotely connected with mid-century modern (which oddly includes things from the 30's, but we'll leave that for others to debate) I was immediately struck by their design.

Modern, clean, old (as in Bauhaus-ish).

They happen to be located right next to the lake (Lake Erie for those not in the know). Excellent view. It looks like construction is complete, but I can't tell if they are occupied yet. There is furniture inside the front one (which looks like it was furnished by DWR). The second, I can't see much inside it.

Personally, yeah....I'd take one, no prob. But what I find most interesting about these homes is a combination of the design (Bauhaus-esque) and that they are in an area inundated with Victorian and 30's bungaloes (both run-down and revitalized).

But one thing strikes me especially hard about the house in the back:




So maybe the homes are Bauhaus-esque in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment